Technological innovations come at a rapid pace. For a lot of technophobes, trying to keep up with new applications can be an overwhelming process. Thankfully, when it comes to smartphones, downloading and installing new applications is as easy as clicking a few icons. To show how simple it is, I’d like to take a look at how to download smartphone apps from the Android Market and the Apple Store.
- From your Android phone, go to the applications menu and click on Android Market.
- Then you will be able to select from “Applications”, “Games”, “Search” or “My Downloads”.
- If you know the app you want, type it in the search box. If not, select “Applications” and you will see a list of apps to choose from with their description and rating.
- Click on the one you want to get more details, including user comments.
- To install it, simply click on the FREE button, or if it’s a paid app, select the price.
- Click OK to accept permissions. If the app is free, it will download instantly. If paid, you will go through a simple checkout process.
- From your iPhone click on the App Store icon.
- Scroll through to search the apps, or if you know which app you want, type it in the search box.
- If you want free apps only select “Top 25” then “Free”.
- Once you click on “Free” it will change to “Install”.
- For paid apps just select the one you want and click “Install”.
- For both free and paid options, you will have to enter your user name and password.
- Click “Install” again and a status bar will let you know when the download is complete.
I hope you can see that no matter which smartphone you choose, downloading and installing apps is a piece of cake for even the biggest technophobe. I’d like to hear from you. Have you used other smartphones than the ones listed here and how simple were they?