When it comes to selecting the best remote desktop software for your business or personal use, there are several things that you should evaluate carefully before making a purchase decision.
While you can find a number of remote desktop software in the market, you should only trust the best ones with your data and communications.
Here is a review of the top two remote desktop software plans that are available in the market for both business and individual use.
GoToMyPC is a simple, reliable and easy-to-use Remote PC Access System that can give you access to your PC or Mac from any computer or mobile device. No matter where you are, you can access important files and data saved on your desktop from any other device and start working on them right away.
GoToMyPC offers three different software plans that vary on the basis of usage and features. Let’s take a closer look at these different plans.
The individual plan is offered to single users, where they have the administrative rights of up to 20 computers. The plan is available for both Mac and Windows users, and offers all the essential features including:
- Unlimited access to 20 remote computers
- End-to-end encryption
- File transfer, printing, and cut, copy and paste features between computers
- Keyboard locking
- Screen blanking
- Desktop sharing features
- Usage reports
- Supported mobile apps for iOS and Android
- Free technical support
The price of the plan varies depending on the number of computers you want to access. However, you can avail a free trial to test out the software. Prices range between $9.95 per month or $99.00 per year for access to single PC, and $199.00 per month or $1,980.00 per year for access to 20 PCs.
The Pro Plan is ideal for small working teams that need to work on projects together. This plan allows one administrator along with two to fifty users to access the computers networked together. With this plan, you can add up to 50 computers to a single network.
The plan offers all the essential features of the individual plan along with some additional functions like:
- Administration of account and users online
- Central billing for all users
- Easy addition, removal, suspension or switching of users
- Monitoring employee usage
- Usage reports on daily, weekly and monthly basis
Like the Individual Plan, pricing of the Pro Plan varies according to the number of computers you want to access. You can test the software through a free trial, and if you like it, you can pay $19.90 per month or 198.00 per year for access to two PCs, and $497.50 per month or $4,950.00 per year for access to 50 PCs.
The Corporate Plan is offered for organizational level usage, allowing one or more administrators to control the account. More than 10 users can be connected to the network using this account. Along with all the features offered by the Individual and the Pro plan, this plan also includes these features:
- A dedicated account manager
- Control over which features are accessible by users
- Management tools for user groups and subgroups
- Control and enforcement of security settings
- Shared access to a pc by several users with secure individual login
The price of this plan is available on quote, so contact the software’s sales department for more info.
LogMeIn offers several different remote desktop software features that serve different purposes and needs. These specs allow users to be flexible with their choice when it comes to selecting the right desktop software for their use. Here is a closer look at the features offered by LogMeIn.
LogMeIn offers several support features accompanying all the remote desktop software plans it offers. Two main support features offered by the company are:
- Rescue – LogMeIn Rescue is a support feature that comes with three different components. The Technician Console is an online platform which allows support technicians to access the system. With the help of Customer Applet, users can stay connected to the technicians via active communication. The Administration Center is an online interface designed for administrators to control different aspects of their account. The feature can be added for $129.00 monthly or $1,188.00 yearly. A supporting Smartphone app can also be gained for $768.00.
- Central – LogMeIn Central is an online platform that allows the administrator of the remote desktop software to access their account from any location through Internet. With the help of this console, users can manage almost all major functions of their account. The subscription for this feature is available for $49.00 per month or $299.00 per year.
For its users, LogMeIn remote desktop software offers different accessibility options and packages with different features.
- Free – With the free plan, you can access your desktop from any other device using an online web browser. This plan allows you to access and manage files and check your emails. It can also be used to connect up to 10 computers to the network. These aside, the plan provides support for mobile apps, allowing you to view files from your mobile devices.
- Pro – Like the free plan, the Pro plan offers web-based accessibility to your remote desktop. However, there are several additional features that are included in this plan, such as the ability to transfer files between computers, share desktops or files with others, and print documents remotely. The Pro plan is available for $69.95 per computer per year or $14.99 per computer per month. The more computers you connect, the lower the price per computer gets.
- Ignition – With this plan, you can get a desktop-based console to access your computer. You can install the console on your desktop, save it to a USB device and take it with you everywhere. Simply connect it to any other device and access your desktop. You can also transfer files between computers. This option is available for $7.95 per computer per month or $39.95 per computer per year. Up to 25 computers can be connected to the network and prices vary accordingly.
So make the smart choice and pick the software that best suits your need while keeping a light hand on your pocket.